The remaster definitely has a tighter mapping and a solid story to get behind. Although the equipment doesn't really serve a purpose now that there is no longer a battle system.
The Fable of Fairy Glen
A downloadable game for Windows
The Fable of Fairy Glen set in a fictitious glen in Wales. The Elves are the dominant force in the land. The Elven Empire extends across the earth.
There is Pixies, demon Elves and giant rats.
The Game features a short 30minutes - 1 hour story.
It is part of a potential new mini series...
The story is a true story in a fantasy setting.
The game has undergone significant changes and is now a lot more aesthetic and easier to play.
There are no longer battles in the game to shift the focus to the story line.
I decided to apply the skills I have now to remaster an old game... I hope you enjoy.
If, you are looking for an insightful game based on true events and with a passive learning aspect this is a good shout.
The game lasts 45 minutes - 1 hour. Thanks for your time. Have a great day...!
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $2 USD. You will get access to the following files:
- The Fable of Fairy Glen has been RemasteredJan 19, 2022
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
I gave my grandmother the money and she says I should rest. I see no way to do that. All I can do is fight pixies and heal?
Sorry for the late reply, you need to go to the bed and press enter.
Which bed? I tried all four beds at Grandma's and the three beds at the farmer's, but nothing happens.
AHA! After a few more tries, the lower right bed finally invoked a dialogue but only when I was standing at its head.
Very nice! I like this game's approach to learning.
Thanks for the kind comment the narrative teaches a moral lesson and describes a historical event. I'm glad you enjoyed it.
Here are some things you can do to improve your game after the Game Jam
- The roof tile in the houses can be walked on so in the Tileset setting in the Database make it an X so the player can't walk on the roof.
-Don't have all the characters dialogue all on one event page. Whenever there is a change in that NPC's dialogue use a different Event Page so you don't repeat dialogue.
- When you interact with the crystal after you defeat the Fairy Queen have the Event set to "Direction Fix" and "Stepping" setting on.
-The priest tell you have to have 5 Fairy Dusts so the player is made aware how much to collect.
-Edwynn should have one or two skills to start with so you have something to spend your TP on.
-Your Items and Skills should tell the player what they do so the player knows what it's used for it.
- When you have to feed all those people instead of individually taking the Food Parcels they player obtains the required amount of parcels when they interact with the food Box. Then you turn on a Self Switch then you have a different Event page that says, "I took all the food I need."
- Whenever you receive an Item have a Sound effect just like when you give the miners their Food Parcel.